The General Consulate issues a Marriage Certificate (زوجیت خط) for already married couples, who live in Jeddah. Both husband and wife MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with FIVE adult witnesses/testifiers.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- APPOINTMENT: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the General Consulate . Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced.
- VISIT IN PERSON: Both husband and wife and FIVE adult witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with a request letter and required documents.
- REQUEST LETTER: A request letter outlining the required services, date and place of marriage should be submitted to the General Consulate at the time of appointment.
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE FORM (فورم زوجیت خط): This form needs to be completed in the General Consulate . It can be downloaded from here.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly.
The following persons and documents MUST be present at the General Consulate during your appointment.
A. Proof of Identity. (1) One copy of Tazkira or Afghan Passport of both applicants; (2) one copy of Tazkira or Afghan passport of each testifier and witness; and (3) one copy of Jeddah Residence Permit of the applicants and testifiers/witnesses.
B. Photographs. (1) Two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm) of both applicants; (2) two recent photographs of each testifier/witness.
C. Testifiers (اقرار کنندگان): THREE adult testifiers should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. All three testifiers should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B. They should know the couple personally and should be aware of their marriage.
D. Witnesses (شاهدان): in addition to the 3 testifiers, TWO adult witnesses should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. Both witnesses should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
- FEE: An applicant should pay 50 EURO for ONE application. This fee can be paid by by credit/debit cards by EFTPOS in Consulate General.
- Once the applicants visit the General Consulate at the time of their appointment, proof of identity and documents will be checked at the front desk. If all the required documents are complete and both husband and wife and 5 adult witnesses/testifiers are present, the process of preparing a Marriage Certificate begins. The Marriage Certificate will be ready and given to the applicants on the same day or depending on the work load may be sent by post through the registered return envelope provided by the applicants.
- Notes: For One Marriage Certificate, SEVEN adults are required at the General Consulate (Husband and Wife + THREE Testifiers + TWO Witnesses) Note: please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The General Consulate does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a Marriege Certificate form and book an online appointment, please note that if you are applying family, you need to book separate appointments for each application