The Consulate General of Afghanistan in Toronto provides two types of services: (I) attesting a Birth Certificate (original and/or translation), and (II) Issuing a Birth Certificate.
I. Attestation of a Birth Certificate
The following documents are required when you apply for a Birth Certificate:
• Application form: complete the application form and signe.
• Applicants Tazkera
• Copy of parents Tazkera
• Copy of parents Marriage certificate.
• Copy of an ID that shows your Status in Canada or the US (e.g., copy of PR card, copy of Canadian/US Passport, copy of Landing paper, Refugee claimant ID or Green Card).
• Original Birth document or its translation.
• Photos: Two Photos 2x2 Inches with white background.
• Proof of Address: (e.g., Copy of Driver’s License or Utility bill).
• Postage: PREPAID EXPRESS/REGISTERED SELF-ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOPE
(The applicants who reside in the United States are required to provide a Registered self-addressed, prepaid envelope/airway bill, that can be sent back to the applicant from Canada. Please note that all other types of envelopes will not be accepted. The applicants are also required to note the “Tracking number” of the Express Post to enable them to track their post.)
Consulate General of Afghanistan in Toronto
477 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ONTARIO, CANADA
Note: US applicants: All fees must be in the form of a “money order” payable to the “Consulate General of Afghanistan in Toronto”. The Consulate General does NOT accept cash, check, or credit card.
$ 86,- US Dollars
• Bank Details:
II. Issuance of a Birth Certificate
- In exceptional cases the Consulate General will issue a Birth Certificate on the basis of Applicant’s National Identity Card (TAZKERA) or Passport, provided that their originality has been verified.
Same fees and procedures as above applies.