TRANSFERRING DECEASED TO AFGHANISTAN
In the event of the death of an Afghan National in Saudi Arabia and in case his/her family wishes to transfer the deceased to Afghanistan, the General Consulate issues a support letter and seeks the cooperation of the relevant authorities during the transferring process, which include the transit countries and airports in Afghanistan.
If requested by the authorities in Saudi Arabia similar support letter will also be issued by this General Consulate for transferring an Afghan deceased without heirs, only to ensure a smooth transferring process.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- Appointment: There is NO need for an appointment as the service can be provided distanced and via post/email/phone call.
- Email: The relevant authorities in Jeddah - Saudi Arabia or the family of the deceased person can email the Consular Section at این آدرس ایمیل توسط spambots حفاظت می شود. برای دیدن شما نیاز به جاوا اسکریپت دارید or call +966531812871 and request for a support letter and, if applicable, mention the names(s) of person(s) planning to travel to Afghanistan during the transfer of the deceased. The email should contain the required documents as attachments.
- Required Documents:
- a) Tazkira/Passport copy of the deceased.
b) Death Certificate issued by Cantonal Authorities.
c) Death Certificate. Contain information about (1) the deceased, (2) his/her parents, children and former spouse, (3) cause of death and medical condition, (4) name, address and relationship of the informant
d) Certificate from Local Health District. This certifies that the transfer of the deceased is unlikely to pose any health risks for humans and countries.
e) Certificate of Embalming
- Fee: The Consulate General provides this service free of charges.
- Procedure: Once the Consulate General receives the email/postal package along with the required document, as illustrated above, a support letter will be issued on the same day.The Consulate General sends the scanned copy of the letter by email or by post if a return envelope is provided to the Consulate General .